Thursday, November 5, 2009

In an Hour's Time...



A big hi to all Arsenal diehard bloggers and fans,

Allow me to enter into the blogsphere to share my thoughts and views on the team that consume our mind most of the time - Arsenal.

We are one hour away from the kickoff between Arsenal and AZ Alkmaar and I am excited about it. I am here in Malaysia, and we have to wait till 3.45 in the morning in order to watch the match, but nonetheless, it's always so wonderful to watch Arsenal playing her beautiful football. It hurt us pretty badly the last time Arsenal played against AZ Alkmaar, as they equalised against us in the dying minutes of the game, not the mention the next game where West Ham snatched a draw after going two goals behind.

Today, I believe, will be different. With a strong crowd of Arsenal fans cheering our team, I am sure Arsenal will be going out strongly. Let's see who is on the teamlist:

Goalkeeper: Almunia
Defenders: Eboue, Gallas, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Midfielders:Nasri, Fabregas, Song, Diaby, Arshavin
Striker: Van Persie

Several comments:
1. We welcome back Almunia to the fold, hopefully Arsene will reinstate him as the first choice keeper as I feel Mannone's inexperience and occasional blunders can cost us dearly on the long run.

2. I guess many of us have mixed feelings towards Eboue. But recently, I believe many have seen a revived Eboue, who is willing to run into spaces and attack defenders. However, his diving behaviour is still something that I cannot tolerate. Nevertheless, I believe he is still very useful to Arsenal as a back-up to Sagna.

3. Diaby, Diaby, Diaby...Arsene has been giving him too much chances, I think it's time to put him at where he belongs - bench or transfer list. In spite of his very rare sparks of brilliance, most of the time, he is just sloppy, lazy, giving the ball away easily and mispasses. He is a liability to Arsenal. Put Ramsey there!

4. Arshavin seems to be declining match after match. It has been long since we last saw the brilliance that he displayed when he first came to Arsenal. Hopefully he will rediscover his form soon!

5. I am glad that Nasri is back. He is slowly picking up his form after his pre-season injury by Diaby (who else?), and I really love his upper body strength. In spite of his small stature, he usually outmuscles his opponent, not like Diaby (who will just clash into his opponent and gives the ball away) or Eboue (who falls when he is outmuscled by his opponent).

OK, enough said. I predict a 3-0 win to Arsenal. Let's enjoy the match!

No comments:

Post a Comment